Why am I at Posner?
The opportunity to be among a diverse group of organizations and people, all of whom share the common goal of helping others, locally and, especially, internationally.
What gets me fired up?
Music, the Rockies and the Broncos, girls’ education and bringing efficient business and financial practices to the non-profit arena.
More about me:
I grew up in the Midwest, went to college overseas, and traveled the world during a 30+ year career in the airline industry. But, it was a trip to Africa with my wife and then-11 year old daughter that eventually changed my life. My daughter went on to form AfricAid at the age of 16, and here I am today!
Ask me about:
I’ll talk about my wife and daughter any time! That, or my short-lived rock band career!
Some of my flashy credentials:
- Chief Financial Officer of TWA and Continental Airlines for 15+ years
- CEO of Atlas Air, growing it to become the world’s most profitable airline for several years running
- Recipient of the Aviation Laurels Award by Aviation Week & Space Technology Magazine in 2001, the Airline Strategy Award by Airline Business Magazine and named the Cargo Airline Best CEO and Atlas the Airline of the Year in 2002.
- Helped start up three airlines in Asia
- Completed nearly $14 billion in financing transactions over my airline career