Why am I at Posner?
I’m excited about dynamic, smart, influential international organizations based in Denver.
What gets me fired up?
Creativity, innovation and results to empower individuals in developing countries.
More about me:
I’m the Founder and CEO of Walker Impact Strategies, and focus my work with today’s most influential global thought leaders—businesses, governments, organizations, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists— to develop innovative, effective collaboration strategies to maximize their opportunities for positive social impact. For over a decade, I’ve been building and facilitating partnerships between large corporations, governments, non-profits and foundations, entrepreneurs, and high-level individuals to help further the United Nations’ work to create meaningful social impact in communities around the world. I’m a native of Boulder, Colorado, and hold a B.A. from the University of Colorado.
Ask me about:
The United Nations, social entrepreneurs, social engagement campaigns, living in Washington, DC and Colorado.
Some of my flashy credentials:
- In 2007, I took a leave of absence from the United Nations Foundation to join the Intergovernmental Affairs senior leadership team on the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado, and the 2008 Obama Presidential Campaign.
- I also managed event logistics for the ceremony and all official events of the historic 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama and continue to support the White House on a volunteer basis providing advance and logistics work for President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden and Second Lady Dr. Jill Biden.
- I’m a member of the BMW Foundation’s Young Leaders Forum and sit on the Board of Something Independent, a Colorado group focused on supporting entrepreneurs who are providing leadership at the intersection of lifestyle and commerce.
- During my 10 years working at the United Nations Foundation, I developed partnership strategies and execution globally with companies such as ABC News, American Idol, Credit Suisse, DELL, Dermalogica, Ernst & Young, Facebook, Fortune, Google, TOMS shoes, UBS Bank, Variety, Virgin, Walgreens, Warby Parker, Yes To Inc., and government agencies such as USAID, U.S. State Department, and the White House.
- From 2010-2014, I built and managed the UN Foundation’s Global Entrepreneurs Council, a high-level group comprised of the next generation of leaders in the entrepreneur community who dedicate two years to work closely with the UN Foundation to bring new ideas, innovation, perspective, and networks to the work of the UN to help solve global problems.
- In September 2012, I was named by the Diplomatic Courier and Young Professionals in Foreign Policy as one of the top 99 foreign policy leaders under the age of 33.