August 20, 2015
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Event at : eTown Hall, 1535 Spruce Street, Boulder, CO
Join us for an evening of music, silent auction and sweepstakes prizes, light appetizers & beer/wine, all in support of emBOLDen Alliance’s response efforts for those affected by the 2015 Nepal Earthquake.
- On 25 April 2015, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Nepal, followed by a 7.3 magnitude aftershock on 12 May.
- Over 8,000 people were killed.
- Over 500,000 homes were destroyed and another 270,000 homes have been damaged.
- 2.8 million people are still in need of humanitarian assistance.
emBOLDen Alliances’ Response:
emBOLDen Alliances is a global nonprofit whose mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable communities through collaborative partnerships that emBOLDen the quality and impact of service. We believe that every person deserves and has a right to life with health, dignity, and an opportunity for fulfillment. And we are dedicated to helping the global community collectively achieve this.
Built on decades of experience in Global Health and Humanitarian Assistance, emBOLDen Alliances launched a 3-pillared approach to the Nepal situation within 48 hours of the first earthquake:
- Immediate: direct medical support, life-saving supplies.
- Intermediate: temporary shelter, programs to support persons displaced from their homes.
- Long-term: assisting communities rebuild with livelihoods, health, education, and first aid/first responder training.
Operating entirely through partnerships with community-based organizations, emBOLDen Alliances has been working ceaselessly since April and will continue working through the next 12 months.