The Start of Something Big
In February 2019, we held our inaugural Posner Center Symposium, convening global development leaders, practitioners, researchers, academics and supporters with the purpose of sharing knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned to improve global development work and contribute to the evidence base of best practices in collaborative global development.
The success of our first Symposium reflected the enthusiasm and innovation of the Posner Center Community as well as the rigor of its knowledge and expertise:
- 165 participants, 34 speakers, and 9 terrific Partners and Sponsors
- An inspiring keynote speaker and a showcase on a collaborative evaluation framework
- A dozen breakout sessions on gender, market-based approaches, community-based participatory research, and more
- Plus novel formats like an Oxford Style debate and chain reaction panel…
- All in one hardworking historic 25,000 square foot building.
For our second annual Symposium in February 2020, we convened an even larger community of leaders and agitators who are thinking differently about how we make significantly bigger impacts in global development work through collaboration. With attendees from Seattle, California, Washington D.C. and Mexico mixed with our Posner Center and Colorado communities, we had two days of great collective energy, insightful dialogues and lots of “big & bad” ideas in collaborative global development:
- 220 participants, 24 speakers, and 17 awesome Partners and Sponsors
- workshops on social entrepreneurship and monitoring & evaluation
- plenary and break-out sessions around global development themes such as community-led development and empowering local entrepreneurs
- Plus a fail fest, lots of networking and a specially commissioned World Connected mural
- In our intimate and unique Posner Center environment.
The Posner Center Symposium is not your typical symposium. We present new case studies, raw lessons learned (successes and failures), and bold ideas and their results. Certain each year to be engaging and memorable, we take risks with provocative content and innovative protocols. And, with collaboration at our core, there is always ample opportunity for genuine networking and mixing with other Symposium participants.
We have ambitious plans to scale the Symposium to an international conference. Although year by year themes will shift, it will maintain an ongoing focus on collaboration, and continue to be central to our efforts to establish Denver and our Center as a leader, convener and facilitator for global development work.
To read more about Posner Center Symposium 2020: Big & Bad Ideas in Collaboration, head over to our Blogs on Collaboration for Local Capacity Development and Collaboration with Local Partners in Business and Research or check out the 2020 Symposium program details.
To read more about Posner Center Symposium 2019: Lessons in Collaboration, head over to our Blogs on Tackling a Tough Topic with a Winning Format and Asking Vital Questions about Collaboration or check out the 2019 Symposium program details.