The Start of Something Big
In February 2019, our community convened with global development leaders, practitioners, researchers, academics and supporters for the inaugural Posner Center Symposium , with the purpose of sharing knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned to improve global development work and contribute to the evidence base on best practices in collaborative global development.
The success of first Symposium reflected the enthusiasm and innovation of the Posner Center Community as well as the rigor of its knowledge and expertise:
- 165 participants, 34 speakers, and 9 terrific Partners and Sponsors
- An inspiring keynote speaker and a showcase on a collaborative evaluation framework
- A dozen breakout sessions on gender, market-based approaches, community-based participatory research, and more
- Plus novel formats like an Oxford Style debate and chain reaction panel…
- All in one hardworking historic 25,000 square foot building.
We have ambitious plans to scale the Symposium to an international conference. Although year by year themes will shift, it will maintain an ongoing focus on collaboration, and continue to be central to our efforts to establish Denver and our Center as a leader, convener and facilitator for global development work.