The International Collaboration Fund (ICF) is a grant program that is transforming how global development work is done. We fund innovative and equitable partnerships, leveraging the power of collaboration for the greatest impact.
- 34 projects
- $365,000 granted
- 69 Tenant, Member and partner organizations participated
- 19 countries
Read about our current and past ICF projects and their impact here.
The Posner Center seeks ideas with the greatest potential to:
- Support leaders to have an impact in their own communities
- Contribute to evidence-based and equitable best practices in global development
- Deepen our understanding of collaborative processes and partnerships
- Strengthen the development practice of the Posner Center Community and social impact sectors
- Create valuable organizational and/or programmatic learning
- Make measurable and lasting changes in the communities in which the work is conducted
- Implement more just approaches for global impact
Changes to Prioritize Justice, Equity, and Inclusion
In order to make our grant program more equitable, accessible, and focused on justice within the global development and social impact sectors, we have made several changes to the program, including:
- Shifting from a formal Letter of Interest application to a less formal idea submission
- Accepting multiple submission formats
- Simplifying and reducing the number of questions we ask, including removing the request for line-by-line budget and 990 attachments
- Creating a submission scoring rubric to make our process transparent
- Expanding our review committee to include past ICF participants
- Inviting fewer applicants to move on to the proposal stage
- Requiring leadership from the communities where the work is taking place
Ideas are requested for collaborative partnerships between at least one Posner Center Tenant or Member and at least one other organization. Project leads should be from the community where the work is taking place.
One applicant must be a 501(c)(3) organization and a current Tenant or Member of the Posner Center. Additional collaborators do not have to be Posner Center Tenants or Members or 501(c)(3) organizations. Project work can take place anywhere around the world.
2023 Grant Cycle
We have decided to pause the International Collaboration Fund beginning in 2023. With our increased prioritization of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, we have been reevaluating our approach and want to consider where we will focus our efforts.
Our grant-making has been made possible by generous champions, including Arrow Electronics, Beyond Our Borders, CoBank, Green Fund, Harvey Family Foundation, JHJ Posner Family Fund, and PB and K Family Foundation.
Want to Support Collaboration for Impact?
The Posner Center is working to radically grow the International Collaboration Fund for increased impact around the globe. We’re looking for new individual, foundation, and corporate partners to join us in our work to create measurable impact.
Go here to learn more about how you can effect change.