Scroll down for detailed information on content.
We are pleased to announce Joan Parker, President & CEO of Counterpart International, will join us from Washington, DC to deliver our keynote address. Counterpart International is a global leader in local capacity development. View the announcement to learn more.
Chain Reaction Panel
A moderated panel where each speaker will take on the role of interviewer and interviewee with an overarching topic. We will explore the question,“is global development broken?”.
- Akhtar Badshah Founder & Chief Catalyst, Catalytic Innovators Group
- Yvonne Moore, Principal Philanthropic Advisor, Moore Philanthropy
- Singumbe Muyeba Assistant Professor of African Studies, Josef Korbel School of International Studies
- Mike Shanley Founder & CEO, Konektid
Oxford-style debate is a provocative, fun format that is intended to engage and intellectually entertain the audience, while advancing learning on a particular issue. Our topic of debate will be “collaboration is a best practice in global development”.
- Tom Farer Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies
- Sally Hamilton (Moderator) Director, MA Degree Program in International Development, Josef Korbel School of International Studies
- Marty Kooistra Executive Director, Housing Development Consortium
- Cathy Leslie Executive Director, Engineers Without Borders USA
- Tim Prewitt Former CEO, iDE
- Diana Walker Founder & CEO, Walker Impact Strategies
Catalyzers are quick, thought-provoking sessions that highlight best practice, emerging research, and collaborative projects. Once registered, Symposium participants will have the opportunity to select Catalyzer sessions. Read all of the Catalyzer session descriptions here.